Local products : honey, olives, truffles, Banon cheese, Sisteron lamb, fruit juice from Entrevaux, cured meat from the Ubaye, these original and quality products from the region which contribute to the image of the good life in the Alpes de Haute Provence.
The AOC local products
Specifications which respect the manufacturing traditions and the authentic character of raw materials have enabled the producers of the Alpes de Haute-Provence to obtain Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC):
- Olive oil from Haute-Provence, Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée, has found fame with the return of healthy eating. The aglandau olive from the Alpes de Haute-Provence, a truly natural product, has flavours of artichoke and tomato. A good bottle of olive oil is well worth the expense just to enjoy the pleasure of Provencal flavours of in one’s plate.
- Banon cheese is above all the exceptional quality and taste which has made it so well-known. The cheese must be freed of its chestnut-leaf wrapping before it can be appreciated. It is the last word in goats’ cheese and European demand is constantly growing.
- Les Côteaux de Pierrevert: The Alpes de Haute-Provence also have an AOC in the field of wine with the « côteaux de Pierrevert ». Most of the vineyards are spread over 5 communes of the Luberon around Manosque. The most renowned estates are la Blaque, Régusse, Château Rousset…
- Essential oil of lavender from Haute-Provence, the only AOC essential oil of lavender
The Indication géographique protégée (IGP) products
Sisteron lamb, Small spelt Haute Durance apples, Lavender honey, Herbes de Provence.
The Alpes de Haute-Provence offers a wide range of products with style and made according to local tradition “Just for the taste”
Find out more about local products and some recipes to cook them
- Sisteron lamb (Label Rouge)
- Banon cheese (AOC)
- Aromatic-plant based aperitifs
- AOC Pierrevert (wine AOC)
- Haute-Provence Small Spelt (IGP)
- Lavander honey
- Haute Durance apples (IGP)
- Almonds from Valensole
- Olive oil from Haute-Provence (AOC)
- Truffles from Haute-Provence (AOC)
Where to discover them?
To discover and taste our local products, local markets offers regional produce and the scents of the Alpes de Haute Provence, also in the in the country products houses.
Look for local products of Alpes de Haute Provence