Our territory is particularly suited to cycle-touring. Cycle over the Alpine passes of the Ubaye and the Val d’Allos as far as the tourist roads of Haute-Provence and the Verdon.
From the family outing to more athletic itineraries, there are a number of cycling circuits for all levels of cyclists, and there’s one for you too.
Rediscover the pleasure of cycling with an electric bike. There are several professionals in the department who have electric bikes for hire.
A few places for cycling
The Luberon, Haute-Provence, the Verdon, the passes and peaks of the Alps are good both to discover on your own and on group rides.
- cycling in the Ubaye Valley
- the Alpes de Haute-Provence mythical passes,
- Cycling in the Pays de Forcalquier Montagne de Lure Luberon
- Cycling on the Valensole Plateau / Gréoux-les-Bains
- Cycling around Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Cycling from the sources to the Gorges du Verdon
Good to know: Passes reserved for cyclists
Every summer, the following passes: Vars, Allos, Pontis and the Montagne de Lure are reserved for cyclists on certain dates and at certain times.
- Find out more about passes reserved for cyclists (website in french)
Some exceptional itineraries go through the department. Travel into the Alpes de Haute Provence, explore new horizons as you follow the itineraries!
- The Mediterranean by bike
- The lavender roads
- The Luberon by bike
- The Verdon by bike
- The P’tites Routes du Soleil
- The route des grandes Alpes
- Grand Tour by bike Alpi Marittime / Mercantour
- Discover all the cycling itineraries
Bike and mountain bike service stations
Cycle-touring map: 17 cycle-touring loops
From the rolling countrysides of the Luberon and Haute-Provence to the great passes of the Ubaye, and through the fields of lavender on the Valensole plateau to the spectacular gorges du Verdon, every kilometre will lead you towards new emotions.
Cyclo guide 04: 20 cycling circuit sheets
Discover our natural and cultural heritage by bike on the 20 circuits proposed (1,200 km).
A website dedicated to hiking activities
Run out of ideas for hikes? Here is the site you need: www.rando-alpes-haute-provence.fr!
You can consult it on your computer, tablet or your Smartphone and there are a large number of itineraries which are characteristic of the Alpes de Haute Provence for this activities: walking, riding, mountain biking, cycletouring, trail running and snowshoe hikes.