From the Drôme to the Alpes-Maritimes, the Hautes-Alpes, Vaucluse and the Alpes de Haute Provence, the Routes de la Lavande take you on a ride for unusual encounters in an exceptional territory.
Lavender is the emblematic flower of Haute-Provence. “Les Routes” takes you on a discovery of the history, landscapes, men and women, and the know-how of the territory which are all indelibly marked by lavender, the little mountain plant whose fame has become world-wide over the centuries.
The “Routes de la lavande” are:
- Quality reception for stays,
- A variety of rich activities,
- Workshops to discover lavender in all its forms,
- Sales points for lavender products,
- Centres with lavender care treatments.
As you follow them, you will discover the properties of lavender, a magical plant which is still a symbol of the south and Provence and which yields an essential oil which has had an AOC (Appellation d’origine contrôlée as for great wines) since 1981.
Read more about Routes de la lavande
- www.routes-lavande.com (in english)